Sunday 17 July 2011

Touch tablets and toothpicks

I bought these Melissa & Doug touch tablets from The Toy Bug a while ago on sale, and recently got them out.  Geekling isn't at the matching stage yet, but he was still fascinated by them and loves feeling the different textures.


We have also progressed from paddle pop sticks in a travel mug to toothpicks in a toothpick container.  I then swapped the toothpicks for coloured matchsticks to be a bit safer (although I still wouldn't let him play with these unattended, obviously!).  He puts the sticks/toothpicks through the biggest hole but eventually he may move on to putting them through the smaller holes.  Its also a great small activity that I can carry about in my handbag for when Geekling needs an activity when out and about.

1 comment:

  1. We used coloured matchsticks and this was one of my son's most favourite activities!

    ReplyDelete