Friday 28 June 2013

Cutting my boys' hair

I had decided that I'd learn to cut hubby and Geekling's hair as part of my '30 before 30' list.  I figured this would save us a little bit of money, and I remember my mum cutting our hair as a kid.

A $20 pair of hairdressing scissors and some common sense is all it took to cut hubby's hair.


Geekling had been getting his hair shaved to a #3 with clippers at the last couple of hairdresser visits, so I figured I'd do the same.  I thought we had clippers.  But we didn't.  So I used hubby's beard trimmer...



It took far too long and he got quite upset.  Nothing a cuddle and a lollipop couldn't fix, but we didn't try clippers again.  Next time I cut his hair just as I would hubby's and he was fine.


A much better result and a much happier boy.

So by now I've given hubby 3 or 4 haircuts now and Geekling 2 or 3, plus the disastrous first try in which I shaved him.  I don't think we'll be headed back to the hairdresser any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment