Monday 5 September 2011

Re-bonding with my little man

After a couple of weekends of neglecting Geekling due to rabid studying, this past weekend I got to revel in his presence and catch up with my little guy in a way that I simply cannot during the hour or two I see him of a week-day evening while preparing for bath time and bed time.  I somehow thought I'd taken a lot more photos, but on review have only taken a few - its not as easy to take photos when you're the only set of eyes on a VERY active toddler, I guess!

Hubby had kindly taken him out of the house much of the last two weekends so I had only myself for company while preparing for exams, so I thought I'd return the favour and whisked Geekling off to Underwater World.  I must admit that I love the place, so it was for my benefit just as much as Geekling's.


He loved the starfish, but was not game to touch them when offered one!

He also LOVED the crocodile, and kept running back to it - from anywhere in the place he would find his way back there!  And he liked the otters, but according to Geekling they were "cats".

We stopped for a swing at the park by the wharf.  That swing lasted over half an hour!  Geekling LOVES to swing!


I finally had the time to sort some of Geekling's old clothes for my brother and hubby's brother who are both expecting their first babies (and our 13th and 14th nephews/nieces!) so Geekling's wardrobe got a clean out, which means there is now plenty of room on the floor of the inside for him!  He loves to play peek-a-boo in his wardrobe, and has been the butt of a few 'in the closet' jokes.


After a big day we enjoyed a family dinner around Geekling's table that we dragged into the loungeroom.  It was a dinner of grilled steaks, prawns, egg rolls and capsicum with 3 japanese dipping sauces, salad and rice.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment