Monday 25 July 2011

Button Snake

I made this button snake for Geekling last night after seeing it on Counting Coconuts, a fabulous Montessori blog I've recently found.  It was so quick to make!  I just cut up some felt squares and snipped slits in the middle of each, sewed a big button on the end of some thick ribbon, then sewed the other end of the ribbon into a loop to help keep the squares on and to make it easy to carry.


Geekling doesn't really get it yet, but not to worry.  I will reintroduce it in a week or so.

2 comments:

  1. It's better to make something above their current skill level than below it. At least like you said you can put it away and get it out again later. It's great to find something that is so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree entirely. Every now and then I give Geekling something that I suspect is above his current level and he amazes me by completing it.

    ReplyDelete