Saturday 9 July 2011

Cheats Cake Decorating - Kit-Kat & M&M cake

I made this cake for my Mother-in-Law last year.  I do enjoy making and decorating cakes, but for whatever reason I wasn't up to the task of doing it from scratch, so I went with this cheat's option.  Its a Caramel mudcake from the supermarket with a 'fence' of kit-kat chocolate, and topped with m&ms!


(Excuse the mess in the photo!)

I used the family sized Kit-Kat blocks (2 of them) with the sticks snapped in pairs.  I think it would have been better to use the smaller bars (perhaps buying a pack or two of fun sized bars) as I would have needed less m&ms (there are two packets of mixed m&ms, and three would have looked better but it still caused an avalanche when we cut the cake!), or perhaps used two cakes with frosting or cream in the middle.  I also would have preferred to match the ribbon to the colour of the m&ms.  Oh well, my mother-in-law loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment