Monday 30 April 2012

Boy's Easter 'Bonnet'

I just stumbled across photos my mother in law took at Geekling's daycare Easter Parade, so I'm making a very late Easter post - or very early for next year?

We needed to make an 'Easter Bonnet' at home to bring in for their parade.  Which got me thinking - what exactly do you make for a young man?  Most bonnets I've seen are fairly pink, frilly, lacey or otherwise rather feminine.  While I'm not usually one to follow gender sterotypes too closely, I couldn't bring myself to make such a hat for Geekling and was determined to think of something more manly.

I almost made him this one from Sewn Together out of scraps, and almost wish I had as it would have gone into our growing dress up box collection.  But in the end I wound up making a very cheap and simple one from cardboard left over from our wedding invitations (4 years ago!) and some foam letters from our sensory box filling collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment