Sunday 3 April 2011

Homemade Play Dough

EVERYONE knows how to make homemade play dough.  In fact, I think the hospital staff check new parents have the recipe before they let you take your new baby home.  There is a recipe on the back of most Cream of Tartar packets.  For anyone who doesn't know, my preferred recipe is here.  Its a no cook recipe and takes only a few minutes to make and is so cheap!

I whipped up a batch for Geekling last weekend, and he loved it.  We poked it with our fingers, and used alphabet cookie cutters with letters from our names, and of course Geekling tasted it a couple of times but each time he spat it right back out (which I am happy about - while its non toxic, its quite high in salt).




I've kept the batch in an airtight container, and will have to make some in other colours soon.  I came across another Montessori blog which suggested a "Play dough of the month" type idea, most inspired by American holidays and seasons, and am thinking of adapting it to Aussie seasons and holidays so keep an eye out for monthly play dough updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment