Sunday 17 April 2011

Lifeline Bookfest

Geekling and I had a lovely morning yesterday at Caboolture while Hubby had his weekly sleep in.  We went to the Lifeline Bookfest and came out with a swag of books, mostly for Geekling, for $17. All kids books were under $2!


Many of these books are the touchy feely type which Geekling LOVES at the moment.  The "My First Science Book" at the bottom left has some wonderful ideas for fun experiments and lessons that I can't wait to try, although I think Geekling is still a bit young.

After the bookfest we had a brief play by the lake in the same park, Geekling loved watching the ducks, geese, pidgeons and water hens but kept refusing to hold my hand or be picked up, instead wanting to chase them too close to the water so we moved on to the play area.  It was really well suited to toddlers - they had a fantastic swing and other equipment sized for my 13 month old rather than 5 year olds.



We had a great little play, and well and truly wore Geekling out which made for a great nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment